Saturday, April 9, 2011

Reflux... Take 3

Both of my older girls had nasty acid reflux as babies. Brooke's was awful and Adrienne's was bad but better than Brooke's. My mom bought me two packages of burp cloths before Bailey was born and I jokingly told her that I wouldn't be needing them because she wouldn't have reflux. Well, I definitely jinxed myself because here we are again... Cleaning up baby puke all day long. It just breaks my heart!

I'm a little concerned that Bailey might be uncomfortable with all of this. Today she would pull away and scream every time I tried to feed her and it was a constant fight. She drenched me with spit up several times, along with the couch, the floor, her car seat, etc.. I can deal with the throw up but I don't want her to be in any pain. My other girls were "happy spitters" and never acted bothered so I'm hoping that today was just an off day for her as far as the grumpiness and difficulty eating.

I've been down this road three times so by now you would thing I would have it figured out. However, nothing could be farther from the truth! I find myself wondering if I can cut something out of my diet to make my breastmilk easier for her tolerate but I've found no common denominator. I then think back to Brooke's infancy and how me cutting out all dairy, soy, nuts, beef and eggs from diet did nothing to help her spit up. I would do anything to help this go away for Bailey.. I just don't know what the heck to do! It's also unnerving and scary to have a baby who throws up so much because I worry that she'll choke on it. It definitely freaks me out.

Speaking of throw up... A certain baby just woke up in her cradle covered. Time to go clean it up. Poor little princess!

No comments: