Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My Sweet Adrienne

I love all of my children the same... I can honestly say that not one of them has more of my heart than the others. I just love them differently and that's what makes it so much fun!

With that being said, lately Adrienne has been extra near and dear to my heart. I guess I just feel bad for her because she is SO quiet and hardly demands attention. She is also quite the loner. For instance, my sister has a 4.5 year old and a 2 year old and when they come over to play you can often find Brooke playing with them while Adrienne happily does her own thing. She doesn't feel left out... She's thrilled to be in her own quiet little world figuring things out for herself. This same scenario happens around our house all of the time, too. We'll all be hanging out together playing a game or doing a craft and Adrienne will quietly drift into the other room and do her own thing.

Sometimes I'm challenged by Adrienne's quietness. I know that sounds weird but I am SUCH an extroverted people person and dread being alone. If I'm alone, I pick up the phone and call someone because I can't stand to keep my thoughts to myself. Lol. I guess I kind of transfer all of that on to her and assuming she feels that way. Obviously she doesn't, though. It's also hard because Brooke is so bubbly and talkative and keeps me listening and Bailey is a newborn who demands attention... I NEVER want to neglect Adrienne just because she doesn't "ask" for me aknoweldge her. Does that make sense?

It's interesting because underneath her quietness is a silly little girl waiting to be unleashed. That girl has a great since of humor and unless you were to observe her in her comfort zone, you wouldn't realize it. She's also our tough cookie who hardly ever cries, has absolutely NO fear, and rarely gets her feelings hurt. I can kind of see her being our "Tom Boy" because she's always the one to wrestle with her daddy and holy cow, that girl has a great arm. The kid can seriously throw!

I just love that little girl so much and the very thought of her melts me. Her humoungus blue eyes pierce my heart and I can't imagine her any other way than she is!

1 comment:

alissa kay said...

Aww :) She sounds like me! I am definitely more on the introverted, do my own thing, side of things. I was always the no fear, tough girl type as well. And yes, I can say from experience when I was little and also now, you are right that she still needs the attention even if she doesn't ask for it. She sounds like a sweetie :)