Monday, June 15, 2009

Life Is A Juggling Act

Wow, I have NO TIME for the computer anymore. Heck, it seems like I have no time for ANYTHING but playing with Brooke, changing diapers and nursing the baby. I'm definitely not complaining but I never could have imagined how difficult it would be to keep the house as clean as I would prefer, put laundry away and make meals with two kids, let alone have time for ME things like my blog.

Despite being very busy, we've been doing pretty well! Because there are far too many tidbits to write a well-organized post, I'll allow my exhausted-new-mom-mind to write this post in bullets.

*Adrienne has continued to sleep much better on this medicine! Luckily she'll go to bed around 8 or 9 and stay sleeping in her cradle for up to 3 or 4 hours. It's funny because when I was pregnant, I was the most worried about John and I not ever being able to make time for one another but Adrienne's stretch during this that time period has really allowed us plenty of alone time. Yay! Hopefully she keeps it up!

*I'm very concerned about Adrienne because she continues to throw up like crazy. Like I said, with Brooke, she would spit up constantly, but Adrienne will throw up maybe 3 or 4 times a day and in massive quantities. Last night she threw up so much that my clothes and underwear were soaked. That's just NOT normal and I hate this for her. I want to take her to the doctor but what the heck are they going to do? With Brooke, we endured blood work, lots of test, and many doctor's visits just to hear that she has reflux. I'm torn now because I know that if I take Adrienne they'll put her through that but I keep asking if there's something more going on here than simply reflux. They tested Brooke for something called pyloric stenosis and I would have MUCH more peace if they out ruled it for Adrienne too. We'll see...

*Brooke continues to be her sweet and compliant self, despite the fact that she uses nap time for singing and talking rather than sleeping. Today Adrienne was screaming while Brooke was trying to settle down for a nap and she yelled down the hall, "It's okay, baby sister. I'm here!" Lol! Cute, yes... But also frustrating.

*Here's another cute Brooke story for ya... We were at a graduation party for someone in our church and Brooke had a juice box. Nathan picked it up and started to drink it and Brooke said, "Mommy, look! Nathan is sharing with me!!!!!" She was SO excited that HE was sharing with HER and she didn't quite get the fact that it was the other way around. So precious!

*I'm not sure I mentioned this or not, but John finally got the much coveted day shift! YAY! He's over at the human health service building until July 1St and we just assumed that he would put on nights after that but no! He'll work 7 AM to 3 PM and he'll be on the normal 4 days on, 2 days off schedule. I can't wait!! We've waited so long for him to be able to get days and we know for sure that he'll at least be on them until the end of September.

Anyways, I think that's all that's new with my little family. Now that I'm all caught up on my blog I feel MUCH better! Lol

1 comment:

*~tRiStYn MiChElLe~* said...

So glad everything is going great! I totally can relate to the juggling act...it gets easier. Or...maybe you just learn to tolerate some things being out of order and do the best you can :0)