Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thank You, God, for Axid!

I was so opposed to putting Adrienne on that medication, but I have to admit, she is a different baby. She is no longer pulling off of the breast at feedings, which is WONDERFUL, she is much more content, and she slept great last night (She was only up once)! I am so thankful that we're seeing some improvement and I'm greatly encouraged.

While the medicine takes away the pain of acid reflux, it doesn't stop the fact that Adrienne spews everywhere. I don't think there's much the doctor can about that, unfortunately, but we'll happily settle for a baby that's not in pain. I seriously have never seen a baby throw up the quantity that Adrienne throws up. Last night before bed she completely soaked her onesie and today, after I put her in her adorable new outfit she drenched it. Ugh! It's so frustrating but I should just be thankful that I have an otherwise healthy baby. Many moms out there would kill to be in my shoes, I'm sure.

Adrienne lost her cord stump yesterday and I was so excited to give her her first bath this morning. It ended up being a very traumatic experience for Adrienne, as she screamed hysterically for the entire time. I sure hope that she likes them more as time goes on.

Brooke is doing so well! I can't even begin to express what a wonderful, helpful big sister she is. She loves her sister so much and is always wanting to interact with her. She never seems to get jealous or angry that she doesn't have my complete, undivided attention, and that really shocks me. I fall all over myself to spend one-on-one time with her and to include her in Adrienne's care, so hopefully that's helping her feel really involved and special. I'm just so thankful for how easy this transition has been for her!

So anyways, that's the news with us. Life is going great and after my night of wonderful sleep last night, I'm feeling ready to take on the world... One diaper at a time, of course. Lol

3 comments:

Alison said...

I'm so glad to hear that Adrienne is doing better on the medication! Hopefully she'll grow out of the reflux at some point like Brooke did.

You're a wonderful mother. Glad things are going well for you.

*~tRiStYn MiChElLe~* said...

Wow that is WONDERFUL news!!! I'm so glad you now have a "happy spitter"! Aren't they just wonderful?! :0) I can't wait to really see her and yes, we do need to have another date! Possibly at a pool this time? lol. It was wayyy hot at the park!

rccalyn said...

Yay! I'm so happy to hear that did the trick! It's so weird how some babies just spit up alllllllllllll the time, and some just don't! I'm pretty glad I got the ones that don't...so far :-)