Tuesday, June 23, 2009

What A Morning!

We had quite the difficult morning this morning. I wasn't sure how I was going to spend my day today but I decided to go see my mom for lunch. She works about a half an hour from my house so I was trying to get out of the house so I could run some errands beforehand. After Adrienne had been fussing all morning, I eventually got her settled down for 10 minutes or so so I could do my hair and makeup. Finally, after much work, we were ready! I picked Adrienne up out of her bouncy seat to put her in her car seat and the next thing I know, she had thrown up ALL OVER ME... My hair was literally soaked in throw up, it was all down my shirt and my bra was even soaked, and of course my clothes were covered, as well. She was covered from her clothes to her hair, also. At that point, I had no idea what to do because there was no towel in close proximity and we were both absolutely filthy! I had Brooke get the baby wipes for me and I used them to wipe Adrienne up so I could change my shirt before giving her a bath. The vomit was dripping out of my hair so while I bathed Adrienne I put it in a ponytail. When I took my hair down to take a shower, I discovered that I had throw up all over my scalp. Wonderful! Lol! I had to cancel our plans because there was no way we would make it to my mom's work on time. I was a little bit disappointed, but I figured that this is what motherhood is all about.

When I called John and told him about my interesting morning, we decided that I would meet him for lunch. That idea excited me because I didn't think I would be leaving the house after the puking incident. I got both girls ready... again, and went out to the van. I started it up but then realized that I forgot a bag right inside the front door so I turned the van off to use my keys to get inside. Maybe 30 seconds later, I got back into the van and it REFUSED TO START. I wanted to scream because I was so frustrated! Adrienne was screaming at that point and Brooke was saying, "Start the van, Mommy. Start the van, Mommy." It was just not a good situation! Long story short, when my dad heard what had happened, he drove over to our house (without me even asking him!) and jumped the van for me so I could still go see John. After that, we all went to McDonald's to meet John for lunch and my dad stayed with me for about an hour after John left while Brookie played outside. It turned out to be a really enjoyable day!

So, after a morning of chaos, I'm going to try to relax for a brief moment while BOTH girls are finally napping. Hopefully the afternoon goes MUCH smoother!

No comments: