Saturday, June 6, 2009

Saturday at the Park

(As I wrote the title to this entry, a familiar Chicago song played in my head!)

We had such a wonderful morning today. The girls got up around 8:30 and we we watched some cartoons in bed and relaxed until about 9. After we got breakfast and some work done around the house, we packed a picnic and headed to the park! Our picnic consisted of fluffer-nutter sandwiches, Doritos, bananas, juice boxes, and Oreo's and Brooke thought that was just perfect. She was also able to play until her heart's content and she and John had LOTS of fun while I nursed Adrienne on a shady bench. What a perfect way to spend a sunny Saturday!

Unfortunately, John is working overtime right now:-( He left at 3:30 this afternoon and he was supposed to be home around 11:15, but now he might be staying until after 1. UGH! Luckily John's mom was able to hang out and do some shopping and grab dinner with me, but it's only 9 now and I'm not sure what I'll do with the rest of my night. I've had a really good night but if John was off, it would have been perfect. Oh well!

In other news, Adrienne had a great night last night! She went in her cradle at 10 and slept in there until 3:30. I couldn't believe my eyes when I looked at the clock. I seriously feel like a million bucks now! After that, she only woke up at 7:30 to nurse. I sure hope that this is a new trend starting and that last night wasn't a fluke... BUT, I know that with a newborn that's wishful thinking!

Oh yes, I meant to write about this yesterday but I didn't have the chance.... We have some elderly neighbors that live diagonally from us. They're really sweet people and the lady, in particular, is always dropping by when we're outside and doing nice things for us. For example, a couple of weeks ago she dropped off a vase of flowers from her garden and told me that it was a "smile" because I looked so hot and uncomfortable. She also told me that the vase was her grandma's and she wanted me to keep it. That's just how she is. Anyways, yesterday she stopped by and gave me a puzzle for Brooke and a card for Adrienne. When I opened the card, I found a $30 gift card to Target along with the nicest note about what a wonderful blessing our family is to the neighborhood. Unbelievable! We seriously barely know her! As if that wasn't enough, our other neighbors dropped in yesterday afternoon, also. They gave us a small gift bag and in it was a package of onesies and a card. I thought that was very sweet because again, we barely know them, but when I was cleaning up the tissue paper, I found that a $25 Visa gift card was hiding in there. I couldn't believe it! We are virtually strangers to these people yet they are showering us with gifts. I'm touched!

Anyways, it's time to go fold some laundry while both girls are sleeping. Hopefully my man will be home sooner than later!

No comments: