Monday, December 14, 2009

"Family Tree"

John and I were on a long car ride the other day so we were listening to some music. We came across the song, "Family Tree," by Darryl Worley and it made me laugh! We talk about having another baby a lot and the lyrics seemed to fit our recent conversations. It's a country song and it's a little more twangy than I like but the funny words more than make up for it! I hope they make you laugh as hard as we did.

Dancin' in the living room cuttin' up a rug
Dancin' with a baby looks more like a hug
Livin' in a house made of saw mill wood
"Roll over Beethoven" never sounded so good

Come on baby, baby let's go
Where we get the money honey I don't know
One more baby's alright by me
We'll just add another limb to the family tree

Well raising up babies is our new sport
You're one day late and I'm a dollar short
Now maybe it was planned maybe it was a goof
But a cat just has to dance on a hot tin roof

Come on baby, baby let's go
Where we get the money honey I don't know
One more baby's alright by me
We'll just add another limb to the family tree

Well the lawnmower's broken, the tax is due
And if I find another tick I'm gonna come unglued
We got hand me down clothes, hand me down shoes
We got the big belly momma here we go again blues

Come on baby, baby let's go
Where we get the money honey I don't know
One more baby's alright by me
We'll just add another limb to the family tree

Baby, whoa, whoa let's go
Where we get the money I don't know
One more baby alright's by me
It's alright, it's alright now baby
We'll just add another limb to the family tree
Oh we'll just add another limb to the family tree
We'll just add another limb to the family tree


Hmmm.. Suddenly I'm much more inspired to "add another limb to our family tree." Are you???

2 comments:

rccalyn said...

Sounds like a funny song! I'll never listen to it (can't stand the twang!) but the words are great!

And yes, I want to add another limb. Lol. I recently told Dan that I now know why Michelle Duggar has so many kids: No matter how many I have, I don't think I will ever get enough of the baby stages! I wanted another one before Arianna was 4 months old. And even more so now, since she's been a "toddler" for months already.

Are you guys considering more? We'll definitely go for one more (Dan still wants a boy!), I say at least 2 more, but I'd be open for more after that...I just wish there wasn't such a negative feeling about families with lots of kids.

Jillian said...

I agree completely.. Having a newborn and being pregnant are two things that I just CANNOT get enough of. I, too, have already got that baby fever and I've had it for months now. Whenever I see a pregnant woman part of me aches to be in that situation again!

We are definitely considering having one more baby. I would love to experience having a little boy but I also think having 3 little girls would be amazing. John is like Dan, though.. He really wants that little boy! The way I see it is that we can't lose either way:-)

I had always wanted 4 kids but my doctor suggested that I had no more than 3 because each C-Section becomes more risky. He said the scar tissue with subsequent deliveries poses a greater risk. Not to go on a tangent or a pity party for myself, but this is just yet ANOTHER thing that has been taken to me through my ability to not birth babies the normal way. I HATE this. It's something I avoid thinking about or focusing on because it upsets me GREATLY.