Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A Recap...

The last couple of days have been absolutely wonderful! John has been off since Sunday night and we have used the time to get ready for Christmas. I have loved all of this quality family time so much!

On Sunday night Brooke and John went on a date to do some shopping for my birthday present. It was nice for those two to have some time alone and I also enjoyed some one-on-one time with my Adrienne. It was a nice quiet night for me here at home and I actually got a lot of work done. Adrienne stayed by my side while I cleaned out her closet and she was great company!

Later that night John and I made a gingerbread house with Brooke and we had a blast together! It was really nice because Adrienne was already in bed for the night and we were able to give Brookie some extra-special attention. I think that it's really good for her to be the center of attention every once in a while. It was so much fun watching Brooke decorate her house and cram lots of candy in her mouth. She's hilarious!

Yesterday the girls had a doctor appointments. Brooke's was to re-check her ears after that awful infection and thankfully it's all cleared up now! The doctor said that there was just a tiny bit of residual fluid but that's normal. Adrienne's appointment was for her 6-month well visit. She weighed in at 17 pounds, 7 ounces and she was 26.5 inches long. She's getting so big! For comparison's sake, Brooke was 17 pounds, 9 ounces at that age so they are very close in size.

Last night we went to Alison's (my sister) house and had an awesome time over there with her sweet little family. It was a blast! When we got home we put on some Christmas shows and then decorated our house and tree (that we had gotten earlier that day). Adrienne slept through that, as well, so we had some more special time with Brooke. It was such a fun night and our house is looking very festive now!

Tonight we had a joint birthday party for John and me at my parents' house. My birthday is tomorrow and John's is a week from tomorrow so we just had one big party. It was a great night with my family and we walked away with some generous and thoughtful gifts. I love my family!! :-)

Tomorrow is the BIG NIGHT!! I'm so excited for my night out with John. I'm a little nervous to leave Adrienne for the first time but I think she'll do okay. I have tons and tons of frozen breast milk and a sippy cup that she takes well so I know that she shouldn't go hungry. I'm also leaving her in capable hands!

Alrighty, I'm off to go pump some more milk for tomorrow night and hopefully get some rest!

1 comment:

rccalyn said...

I'll be anxious to hear how your night out goes! Marissa never took a bottle and neither does Arianna. I guess I could have given Marissa stuff in a sippy cup, but I keep forgetting to let Arianna learn how to use one! So I'm pretty stuck for a while. Lol. I'm sure Adrienne will do great though!

In response to your comment: There is really no keeping her awake after dinner. Not sure how to fix that! And an apple crostada - it was basically an apple pie, just not in a pie plate. it was just like a big crust folded over the filling a little bit. So yummy!