Thursday, January 7, 2010

Dream Baby

Adrienne is going on 8 months now and I am continually amazed at how easy of a baby she is. I could go on and on about how content and "low maintenance" she is....

*She continues to sleep through the night for about 13 hours. She goes down around 7each night (wide awake, might I add) and I don't hear from her until 8 the next morning. If we happen to be out of the house around her bedtime, she falls asleep in the car and transfers right into her crib without so much as a peep.

*She takes two naps these days... A two hour nap in the morning and at least a 2 hour nap in the afternoon (sometime up to 3 and half hours). If she happens to miss one of these naps or the nap is cut short, she is really fine and when she's tired, she finds her thumb and goes to sleep, regardless of where she is.

*She loves foods and will eat ANYTHING... Prunes, green beans, peas, you name it. She has yet to gag at one food.

*She got two teeth.. One on December 30th and another on January 1st. They caused no night wakings and very little fussiness.

*She plays happily and socializes constantly. All you have to do is look at her and she smiles.

*She nurses quickly and only for hunger.. Not for comfort. Brooke would have nursed all day long as a baby if I would have let her!

Oddly enough, Adrienne's content nature almost worries me. I spend my days being overly concerned that she's not getting enough attention. I shower her with affection, love, and much quality time but she is just so happy that I don't tote her around the house constantly if I'm trying to vacuum or something. Any mother would say that that's healthy but for some reason I tend to beat myself up over motherhood. Silly me!

2 comments:

Tiff said...

She certainly sounds like the perfect baby! I wish Molly were more laid back.

rccalyn said...

Wow, I can't believe her sleep! You are SO lucky!!!