Happy New Year, everyone! I rang in the new year last night by watching House Hunters reruns all alone while John worked and the girls slept. I'm such a party animal, huh? Lol
2009 was a very fulfilling year for my family and me! We spent much of it adjusting to life as a family of four and I have to say, it was such a natural and amazing progression for us. Adrienne has been the most perfect addition to our family and it's so hard to think that she was ever not here. Having two kids has reconfirmed my love for being a stay-at-home-mom. I can honestly say that I am extremely content in my role as a housewife and even though many of my days are spent at home, I am deeply satisfied! I have an incredible husband who works so hard to support us and on top of that, our extended family is out of this world. We are so blessed!
In honor of 2010, here are some goals for the upcoming year:
1. I want to place Jesus as my number one priority. I feel so convicted that I let my spiritual life fall through the cracks when life gets busy and I know that if I'm not putting Him first then I will miss out greatly. I want the flood gates of heaven to be able to pour down on my life and I can't afford to be a "lukewarm" Christian!
2. I want to strengthen my marriage. John and I are blissfully happy and love each other so much but there's always room for improvement! I want to be the best wife I can be.
3. I want to be a better mom. Being the best I can be for my daughters is so important to them and they need and deserve my best. I love those girls so much!
4. I want to actually stick to my diet/exercise plan. I love doing my aerobics but making/finding the time for it is so challenging. I want to find a time that works and faithfully commit to it.
5. I want to be a better planner when it comes to meals in our house. We're always fed but I think that I could save more money and time by planning out our meals ahead of time.
6. I want to spend less and save more.
7. I want to slow down and soak up life more than I do right now. We get so busy sometimes that it's easy to forget to see the beauty in everyday things.
8. I want to take a vacation... Even if it's not to San Diego or Florida (like in years past) and even if it's just for a day or two.
9. I want to become more organized and stop losing/misplacing car keys, my cell phone, my debit card, my license, money, etc.. I'm sick of this!!
10. I want to love more and see others through God's eyes.
I know my goals are lofty and it's easier to talk the talk than to walk the walk but I really do want this upcoming year to be my best year yet! Why can't it be??