Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Recap

I have felt a little uninspired to write lately. Life is great but there hasn't really been too many exciting things to report. I'm not complaining though! John has also been off since Sunday morning so that helps keep me away from the computer. I would pick him ANY DAY over my blog though, of course:-)

Mother's Day was kind of a blah, if I can be honest. It was nice because John had to work Saturday night but he came home and slept for a few hours and then met me at my parents' house after church to celebrate the holiday. It really made my day to have him there! The plan was to go home after that and get some rest before heading out to his parents' house for the evening... But both girls would NOT nap and they were extremely grumpy and fussy. It was just awful! I had this idealistic view of the afternoon but it was NOT happening. Dinner with John's family was anything but restful as both girl continued to be miserable. I think they must have fought over every single toy that night and it was just exhausting! John was amazing and he treated me like royalty but really, he does that every other day so it wasn't different than any other day. John got me a sweet card from him and a precious card from the girls, along with money to buy some clothes that actually fit my body that is 16 pounds lighter! I have come to the conclusion that Mother's Day is just another day and while it's nice to be recognized, it's silly to focus on ONE day for the appropriate appreciate and thanks you desire.

I'm excited because John's supposed to go back in to work tonight but he's going to some class so he'll be working 8-4 for the next 2 days!!!!! It's a bonus because he gets to stay home and sleep next to me. I love it! I can't wait for the day when he gets to be put on days for good.

Brooke had gymnastics today and she did awesome! Despite the teacher being really crass, I have seen Brooke grow and develop so much in the recent classes. Today she was talking and laughing with the other girls and she was so brave as she did the different activities. I'm really glad we stuck it out through the problems with the teacher because I think she's benefiting from being there. YAY!

Alrighty, off to relax with John. Once again, I'm SO thankful he's home:-)

3 comments:

Grace on the Narrow Path said...

Hey,
I am Bren from Seeking Grace. I thought I would stop by and let you know you and hubs are in my prayers. I have also decided to follow your blog.
I hope you can stop by Seeking Grace for a visit soon.
Bren

Grace on the Narrow Path said...

Also wanted to tell you that she is a beautiful baby. I had three c-sections . . . so I understand.
Bren

MrsMonicaLB said...

I dont think you are ungrateful or irrational.at least you tried,I know of some that are all about the pain meds and c sections.
My last 3 were all c-sections,but my first born was natural all the way-and yes it is a totally different experience.
and yes your children are very speical any way they are handed to you♥