Saturday, June 19, 2010

I'm Out of Here!

Life has been crazy lately so we decided to plan a little family getaway to Lancaster, Pa! I know it's weird but I would just assume go look at the Amish than do just about anything. Lol. I am truly intrigued by their simplicity, their work ethic, and their crafts, foods, gardens, homes, etc... We leave tomorrow when John gets home and we aren't coming home until Tuesday. It should prove to be interesting because I'm going to be doing the driving for the 4 hours trip while he sleeps. All I can say is that I hope he really does sleep instead of peer over at my speedometer. My fellow cop's wives out there can most likely identify with me on this one!

We were initially going to plan our trip for next week because tomorrow is Father's Day and all but that would put us there on a weekend when it's far more busy. We see our dads often enough and they know we love them so we don't feel too bad sneaking out. I hate to miss church (I'm the pianist) but it's rare that we do so everyone understands. Honestly, we spend most of our holidays juggling all of our family and hopping from one house to the other so I'm looking forward to a low key holiday with just the four of us.

I am SUPER excited because John snagged us an amazing hotel! We got a BRAND NEW Marriott for $60 a night on Priceline. How did people afford to travel before Priceline????? It's gorgeous and it has a wonderful indoor pool and we plan on spending lots of time swimming. The girls are going to love it!

I am most excited to take Brookie on an Amish horse and buggy ride. John and I went on one before she was born and it was really awesome. An actual Amish guy took us on the ride and he said that we could ask him any questions we had about their way of life. Trust me, there was so much I wanted to know but at the risk of being annoying, I only asked a few questions. I didn't want to be that nosey, rude person who asked embarrassing questions. Lol. I'm telling you, these Amish are so captivating to me!

I'm off to finish packing and getting a few loose ends together. It's so much work to travel when you're the mommy! We'll be back on Tuesday evening and I'll be sure to update with pictures and all!

1 comment:

MrsMonicaLB said...

Hope you had fun!cant wait to see pics of your little getaway!