Tuesday, June 1, 2010

One Year Stats

I took Adrienne for her one year checkup today! She weighed in at exactly 21 pounds and she is 28 inches long... Which is the 50th percentile for both categories. Just for comparison's sake, Brooke was exactly 20 pounds and 29 inches long at one year. They're running pretty similar to each other! While we're on the subject of comparing my daughters, here's a picture of Brookie at one. They look a lot more alike than I thought they did!














I started slowly incorporating milk into Adrienne's diet about a week before her birthday and she began having diarrhea. Not only that but she would act uncomfortable so it's obvious to me that it's just not setting well on her stomach. I thought that maybe it was a fluke and that she could possibly have a bug but after stopping and restarting her on milk, I'm positive that that's what it is. I talked to the doctor today and he had me get her a whole milk called Lactaid, which has an enzyme in it that will help her digest it better. Brooke has a dairy sensitivity but I have pretty much solved her problem by switching her to skim milk (which is easier on the belly). The doctor said that I shouldn't do that with Adrienne because she needs the extra fat to help her brain develop. I plan on nursing Adrienne for however long she wants so I'm not quite as concerned about the milk as I would be otherwise. I just want to do what's best for her!


Oh yes, and it's important to note the doctor gave Adrienne her first lollipop! She must REALLY be getting big. Maybe I'm a mean mommy though because I took it from her. My baby old enough for a lollipop???? I just don't believe it! Lol

2 comments:

rccalyn said...

That's weird about the milk - at least you know what caused the reaction! Arianna will take about 3 sips of milk and then refuses it. Oh well - no rush!

And I agree with you about the lollipop - 1 yr is WAY too early for one! Plus, the MESS! I don't think Marissa had one til she was 3 probably!

Unknown said...

Jason bought Brock a lollipop when we were at the Syracuse Zoo. I freaked out and took it away thus making an enraged and crying little boy.