Thursday, June 10, 2010

Yes, I'm Still Here.

I can't believe that it's almost been a week since I've been on here. I attribute much of my absence the the 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle that John got for me last Friday. Yeah, I was COMPLETELY addicted to it until this afternoon when I finished it. Now that it's done life can resume as usual!

We have all been so sick here. It's awful! We caught some crazy cold and I was the first to get it. I've been sick since Monday and everyone else followed on Wednesday. I feel particularly horrible because I also have nasty allergies on top of it and my asthma is always super bad when I get a cold so it's awful. Adrienne hasn't been sleeping well thanks to this lovely cold and the lack of sleep has been rough. As for Brooke, she has been running a fever and I'm pretty sure that it's an ear infection so she'll go the doctor in the morning. John's sick too but he's pretty tough so he's been great! Needless to say, I look forward to getting everyone over this.

Despite everyone being sick I have really enjoyed the past few days. It's been rainy and cold here (which is actually my favorite weather) so we've been lounging around the house doing the puzzle, baking, and playing. It's so nice to have lazy days at home with our little family and just enjoy doing nothing. Don't get me wrong, I like to be out and about, but I feel like the best moments happen at home.

The girls are doing so awesome despite their colds! Adrienne never crawls anymore and is walking like a pro. She can go SO fast now and it's hilarious. She kind of walks like a penguin. Lol. Brooke got her first big girl bike on Sunday night and we've had a lot of fun letting her test it out (when the weather has cooperated with us). I can't even believe how well she's doing and mostly, I just can't believe how big she is.

John's been off for the past few nights and tonight he goes back in. I know you can't live for the weekend but I'm already counting the days until he's off again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw you driving downtown the other day. I was really shocked to see that you were texting (with both hands on your phone) while driving through town. I thought you had better judgement than that. :(