Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Mowing with Brookie

I try to stay on top of mowing the lawn just so it's one less thing that John has to worry about with his busy schedule. We have a large yard and only a push mower (which is fine by me!) and it generally takes me about an hour to get the job done so I can fit it in during the girls' naps. Today I especially wanted to get it done because John had to qualify with his weapon for the year (meaning he was shooting in the hot sun all day in black BDU's!) and I thought it would be refreshing for him to come home and see it done.

I had one major setback though.... Miss Brooke couldn't sleep! When I put her in her bed she said that she wasn't sleepy but I insisted that she take some quiet time. After mowing a couple of strips in the backyard I got to worrying about Brooke so I checked on her. Those big blue eyes stole my heart so I told her she could come out and play while I mowed. What I didn't realize is that she would actually want to mow with me... The ENTIRE yard. It was hot, too! I thought that after ten minutes of it she would get tired or bored but she refused to quit. She stood in front of me and pushed that mower for at least 35 minutes or so. Holy cow!

Now I love Brooke and I love that she thought she was helping me, but oh my goodness.. It added many minutes to that job. When John got home she was SO proud to tell him that she had mowed the lawn and in that moment it was worth it! I'm wondering if this will become a regular part of our routine? She's such a sweetheart to want to help:-)

6 comments:

*~tRiStYn MiChElLe~* said...

just catching up on your blog!! :0) I really miss you guys! I cant believe that person writing about you texting and driving...that's a bit ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!! You said it best though...GROW UP (and I'll add...quit being a blogger stalker!) lol :0)

rccalyn said...

Oh man, that's so funny! That must have been so frustrating for you, but so rewarding for her!

Jillian said...

Tristyn, isn't it ridiculous?? Little does this person know that I have a thing on my blog that tells me where my comments are coming from and I'm 99% of who it is. It's totally her style to be that tacky so it's all good. She really has no life so what can you expect??

*~tRiStYn MiChElLe~* said...

oh my gosh! Too funny! I just dont get people...mind your own business! grrrr!!! lol :0)

MrsMonicaLB said...

way to go! I am scared of the lawn mower we have,its electric,now come mow my lawn!

Simply Complicated said...

Allie likes to mow with me, we actually got her her own little "mow mow" so she follows me pushing her own :-) Our mower broke last week and she excitedly offered "that's ok yours is broken I will just do it with mine!" What sweet little helper children :-)