Tuesday, June 29, 2010

What Happened To Summer Vacation???

When I was a kid Summer break was such a carefree time and all of the regular schedules and agendas didn't matter much. We stayed up late, slept until noon sometimes and basically did whatever we wanted. Ah, those were the days! Now that I'm a mommy, life doesn't stop for Summer. I wouldn't trade it for the world but running a household can be exhausting sometimes. I can hardly remember those days when I could lounge around all summer and bask in the sun! With that being said, we have been non-stop busy lately. It's crazy!

On Sunday we took Brooke to see Toy Story 3. It was a blast! John's mom watched Adrienne for a couple of hours and John and I REALLY enjoyed the one-on-one with Brooke. It had been over a year since I had done anything alone with her and I know that she felt really special. We went the day before the movie and bought special candy and juice boxes and I tried to tell Brooke that it was a "secret" because they don't like you bringing your own stuff in. So when we went up to the counter to order the popcorn and my drink she said, "Mom, remember, I don't need a drink because you have your juice box in the bag with the candy." Lol. I could hardly contain myself. The girl didn't say anything to us because really, what's she going to do... Call the candy police??

We've had company over for the past 2 nights for various reasons so I have spent many hours in the kitchen as of late. I love to cook so much and I'm always happy to be able to feed people. It's just crazy when you have 2 little girls that also want your full attention. Brooke likes to "help" me most of the time but Adrienne just goes to work on destroying the kitchen the whole time, making the clean up 4 times worse. Oh the joys!! :-)

My addiction as of late has been coupons. I get on my spurts where I'm into coupons and then get tired of them but the amount of free stuff I have gotten lately has me encouraged enough to keep going. At our grocery store this week I have gotten 3 free deodorants, free foil, free laundry detergent, free Windex spray, and free Glade spray. When I say "free," I mean like tax only and not a dime more. Who wouldn't want to get that stuff for absolutely nothing??!?!?!??!?! I've also been addicted to CVS for the Extra Care Buck deals and have been getting crazy amounts of stuff there for free also. It's so much fun to save money. I'm constantly thinking of my next deal. Maybe that's sad?? Lol

We finally got our pool opened and I'm excited for the girls to be able to swim more often. It's a lot of upkeep and expense but I think it will be worth it. We also got a bunch of landscaping done this week and put in a small vegetable garden with tomatoes and basil. I've always been into my flower garden but I'm a newbie when it comes to veggies so we'll see how I do!

Nothing else is really new around here but I just wanted to give a quick update. I hope you are all enjoying your "vacation" as much as I am!

No comments: