Friday, June 4, 2010

Slacking

When the weather is nice you can rarely find us inside and especially NOT behind the computer! Seeing as how we live in cold Upstate New York we have to capitalize on the nice weather when it's here. It's been GORGEOUS lately so we've been working in the garden, going to the park (often multiple times a day), taking walks, and cooking out. We also love hanging around on the back deck and letting the girls play with the sand box and some water toys. They have a blast out there! Our pool isn't open yet but once we get it up and running I'm sure it will get tons of use.

This is such an incredible time of year, isn't it? Just watching my perennials come up and seeing them grow bigger each year will never get old. I also love to mow the lawn and to hear the birds chirping once again. I hate living in this cold climate but having lived down south before, I can attest to the fact that you really appreciate the warm weather more when it's so rare! I must admit though, I'm already dreading winter. One day at a time, right?? Lol

I feel like I'm falling behind on all other areas of my life right now that involve being inside. My house is usually so clean but right now I feel like I cannot stay inside long enough to clean it. I'm also falling behind in laundry. Who wants to fold laundry when the sun is shining? That all can wait but the warm weather will not!

The one downside to this weather is my allergies. I think I'm the most allergic person known to man. It's ridiculous. I take 4 medicines a day and get 2 allergy shots a week and still deal with itchy, runny eyes, a runny nose, a scratchy throat, and constant sneezing and wheezing. I have horrible allergies year round and Fall is the worst time of year for me (with Rag Weed and Golden Rod) but this time has got to be a VERY close second. I'm starting to think that I should be in a bubble or something. It's the pits! It just makes me feel so groggy and nasty constantly. I am so desperate for a "cure" to feeling this way that I'm trying to think outside the box with ways to treat it but so far I've come up empty. Does anyone have any allergy relief that works?? I would seriously try anything.

Alrighty, John's heading back to work tonight after 2 wonderful nights off. It's always hard to send him out the door:-( I better go send him off with a kiss...

1 comment:

Simply Complicated said...

Oh I hear ya - I eat up every minute of good weather! I don't like cleaning my house and use every excuse I can to avoid it :-) But if we're in it seems I always get sucked into keeping up with everything... so I love the excuse to be outside - out of sight, out of mind right!