Thursday, July 22, 2010

Widing Down

This week has been an absolute whirlwind. We've been getting home so late that the girls have been going to be late, thus waking up late. We were so wiped out that nobody was up until 10 today! By the time we did what we needed to do this morning, it was time to put Adrienne down for a nap and then head right back up to the church and do it all over again. I am just thankful that it's only one week out of the year!

Tomorrow night we will end the week with parent's night at church and I am SO excited to see Brookie do her little presentation with her class. My mom and John's mom were her teacher this year and they did an awesome, awesome job with the kids. Brooke, along with the 5 other kids in her class, has had a really fun week of it and she learned so much. It's so funny because she was the only girl in her class and the boys are SO ROUGH but she's so dainty. All the workers kept telling the boys "ladies first" so by the end of the week Brooke had become quite spoiled. Lol. She's in for a rude awakening!



The dinners all went off without a hitch and everyone enjoyed them. It was so nice because people kept bringing fresh veggies from their gardens so I was able to utilize those each night with the dinners. It was fun getting creative at the last minute! Tomorrow night I have to cook dinner for parent's night but then I'll be off the hook until the next church function. I think we'll do NOTHING next week and it will feel like heaven to be home.

I'm sad that John has to go back into work tonight and I feel bad that he got no time to rest during the past couple of days. Poor guy! Hopefully he can catch up on his rest next week. He is one tough cookie!

No comments: