Thursday, March 17, 2011

A Touch of Spring

We got a rare beautiful day around here today! I can remember cold temperatures and hard frosts in May so we really don't expect much in lovely New York... Especially in March. It was about 60 degrees and the sun shone brightly. I grew up in Texas for the first 10 years of my life and when it was 60 degrees outside, people wore winter coats and scarves. Because of that, it's always comical to see girls in spaghetti straps, mini skirts, and flip flops on a day like today. I'm laughing out loud as a I replay back some of the images from my trip to Wal Mart today. Haha

It was so refreshing to be able to take the girls outside to play this afternoon. They didn't even have to wear their coats! They were running around the backyard as John grilled (yes, we even cooked out!!) our dinner and it was precious. I could tell that they were just as sick of being cooped up all winter as I was. After we ate, we took a nice long walk where Brookie rode her bike and Adrienne rode in the wagon. The wheels are kind of turning in my head about the logistics of take three of them on a walk (especially by myself!) but I'm sure there's an easy solution.

As we were walking today it was kind of like I was "coming out" about my pregnancy. All of the neighbors commented on my large belly, many claiming that they had no clue that I was even pregnant. We're not antisocial but these cold winters leave us indoors a lot and when we're out, I'm bundled up pretty snug so I guess that explains why they didn't notice. So yes, the HUGE secret of my pregnancy is now finally out. Lol

I feel so rejuvenated by this gorgeous day, despite the fact that the trees are still brown, the grass is dead, and the flowers show no signs up new life just yet. I could focus on all of that or the fact that next week's forecast has temperatures back in the low 40's at times but instead I'll just be thankful for today:-) Winters are awful in this cold state but seriously, when Spring gets here, there is no greater feeling. I never remember appreciating beautiful weather half as much as I do now!

No comments: