Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The BIG Transition

Tuesday afternoon Adrienne's bed was delivered. We had a fun afternoon working in the girls' room together as a family. We got all the clothes put away, matching bedspreads put on the beds, and everything else organized. Adrienne was SO proud and excited that she laid in her bed the entire time sucking her thumb and giggling. It was so sweet!

Despite the excitement, bedtime wasn't quite as easy as I had hoped it would be. Adrienne didn't understand the whole deal so she first thought she was in there to play, keeping Brooke awake and making her very mad. Once we went in and "cracked the whip" and told Adrienne to settle down she got very sad and started crying to go in her crib. It broke my heart! We explained it to her again and she was fine after that and drifted quietly off to sleep. It really broke my heart, though, because I know change is hard for me as an adult so I can't even imagine what it must mean for her little world.

I slept like garbage last night because I wasn't sure what to expect. Every little noise had me convinced that Adrienne was up. However, I was pleasantly surprised when both girls slept great and straight through until almost 7:30. It was a huge relief! They snuggled with me for some cartoons and it was a perfect morning.

Tonight was even better than last night and I imagine we'll only improve more and more with each day! I can't believe that this has caused me so much anxiety because it really hasn't been that huge of a deal. It's been a little emotional but that's just kind of how things are in general right now. I finally feel ready for the baby though and my to-do list is VERY small:-)

Here are a few pictures of our big night...



No comments: