Sunday, March 13, 2011

What A LONG Week!

Oh my, I am so happy to be turning the page on this week and starting a new one! I know that I had posted that the girls were sick and then miraculously better but that was not the case... Brooke went on to throw up all night Tuesday night, act fine Wednesday but throw up all night, and then Adrienne threw up all night Thursday night. It was just NUTS. John was working all of those nights so I was juggling throw up, dirty carpets, and laundry in the middle of the night all on my one. I'm exhausted just thinking about it! Oh yes, not to mention, I got sick somewhere in the middle of that time, along with John.

When I put the girls to bed on Thursday night I really just knew in my heart of hearts and that the sickness was over. I had a great feeling about it so when that was proven to not be the case, I was so frustrated. I'll admit, Friday I was in a funk.. Just so sick of not sleeping and sick of not getting out of the house. I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that that horrible bug is behind us now. Adrienne has been pretty sleepy and rundown still but it's draining to be sick and up all night throwing up so I think we're just playing catch up.

There was a point in this week where I truly didn't see an end in sight. Bailey will be here a week from Friday and I was honestly wondering if I was still have sick kiddos at that point! I called my mom and had a good cry and said that I had no idea how I would get to the store to buy her socks, tights, and burp cloths (her last few needs) and she miraculously provided them for me! I realize that I was being irrational but in my crazy mind, I was freaking out about all that still needed to be done at that point. The good news is, though, that now we are all set to have a baby!

I am most thankful that one of my biggest anxieties about the girls sharing a room was proven to be a complete non-issue. I had wondered if one of them got sick if both of them would be up all night but seriously, it wasn't a problem at all. They are doing wonderfully sharing a room now and I am so thankful that I don't have to worry about these silly things anymore!

Each and every time one of my girls get sick I am reminded of how blessed I am to be able to stay home with them. I don't have to worry about calling in to a job or the financial consequences of missing work because my kids are my career. Sick babies need their mama and I am so appreciative to my husband for working so hard so I don't ever have to make that tough call!

The forecast is in the mid 50's this week, my girls are on the mend, I'm meeting my precious baby next week and life is just overall incredible. I have a countless list of things to be thankful for! Sometimes it takes a week of exhaustion and sickness to realize just how great you have it otherwise!

No comments: