Sunday, March 20, 2011

Wrapping Things Up

I had my very last prenatal visit on Friday... And come to think of it, not just my last one for this pregnancy but my last one ever. Being pregnant is such a special and exciting time but I'm truly at peace with being done and I can't wait to be able to call my family complete!

I must admit, that last appointment was kind of emotional for me. We went over all of the many risk factors and all of that wonderful stuff that they have to tell you. I asked a lot of questions, got lots of answers, and signed the consent form. All of this left me feeling humbled. As humans, we like to plan and "control" things but when you place your life and safety in the hands of a doctor and put yourself on an operating table, you are completely helpless. It's scary to be reminded of that but thankfully I have a wonderful doctor and a far better God! I struggle with fear so much in this area but I'm really working on not being such a wreck over the C-Section and allowing this time to be joyous and exciting.

Once again, the doctor doesn't think the baby will be quite 8 pounds. I always love to speculate over how much she'll weigh and I can't wait until Friday when we'll finally know! AHH!! So many questions will be answered in a few days and I'm eager to put a face to the precious Bailey that I only know from being in my womb.

These next few days should drag by. In fact, I'm not looking forward to this long week because it seems like Friday will never be here! I am completely ready for this princess to make her arrival so all I really have to do is enjoy my girls this week. John will be off for 14 days starting Wednesday and we're all so excited! Thursday will include a special family day with the girls where they'll call the shots. So far the agenda includes going to Chuck E. Cheese and Cracker Barrel so that should be a nice way to spend time together before the big day.

Just think... This time next week I'll have my girl in my arms! Depending on how things work out, we may even be home. I just have to wait patiently in the mean time. Do you think that's even possible me?!?!?!

1 comment:

Alison said...

I am so very excited for Bailey to get here! I can't wait to meet her and hold her.

Hang in there this week! I'll keep you busy if you're up for it :)