Monday, February 28, 2011

Doctor's Visit

I had one of my last doctor's visits today... Only 2 more appointments to go after this one! I must say, with every pregnancy it's kind of sad to be so close to the end because I grow so attached to the staff. I really like my doctor and he's awesome but I especially LOVE his nurse and it will be sad to not see her. Life goes on!

Today was a more interesting appointment than some of the others. They asked if the baby was really active and though I wasn't worried, I said that her movements have been kind of infrequent lately. This is how all of my babies have been, though, and for some reason, they're just kind of mellow in the womb. Anyways, to be extra sure that the baby was okay they did a NST (Non Stress Test) and sure enough, she checked out fine. I knew that she was fine but truthfully, it was reassuring because she doesn't always make her presence known!

The doctor also did my Group B Strep test, which is pretty much just a formality when you're having a C-Section. Whatever. It's over and done with, thankfully! He then felt around and is still guessing that the baby will be under 8 pounds. Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it!

I'm getting SO excited about meeting this little girl. I've been so stressed out about getting everything in order for her arrival that sometimes I forgot what I'm actually working towards. It's pretty amazing to stop and think that in a little over 3 weeks I will be holding, nursing, and loving on my girl! I can't wait!

No comments: