Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Birthday, Brookie!

Dear Brooke,

Today you turned four years old! I find myself asking more and more... "Where does the time go?" It's so hard for mommy to believe that you are no longer that little tiny baby but a big, independent preschooler!

Today we celebrated your life by doing lots and lots of fun things. You, of course, got to "call the shots" and pick what activities we did. For starters, you woke up very early requesting your special cereal... Trix. After a big bowl of that, we opened your presents. You were so excited! Next, you wanted to take a long bath with your new bath crayons, markers, and body paints. You and sissy had such a fun time in there and you smelled nice and clean when you were done. After that, we headed to Barnes and Noble to pick out your special birthday book. After all, it is our yearly tradition! You quickly picked out yet another Fancy Nancy book and you clearly weren't interested in anything else. I don't blame you, though, she's into all things pink and frilly, just like you! For lunch, you wanted pancakes at IHOP. Silly girl! Grammy and Papa met us there and we were all amazed at your big appetite! When you finished eating, they brought you a HUGE stack of chocolate pancakes with whipped cream, cherries and sprinkles and sang to you. You were in heaven! Last, but not least, we had your Wonder Pets birthday party tonight where all your family came and enjoyed themselves! We had fettuccine alfredo with chicken and broccoli, upon your request, along with a Ming-Ming cake and mint chocolate chip ice cream. You got LOTS of nice presents, too!

Brooke Madison, I simply cannot put into words how profoundly your life has changed mine. When I think back on the past four years... the challenges and struggles, the joys and laughter.. I am brought to tears. You have helped grow me into a stronger person and because of you, I have learned so much about life.

You have become so grown up lately, Princess. You're growing tall (but staying very thin!) and your beauty on the inside and out is incredible. You are kind and loving to others and you seem to take care of the people around you. Whenever you get a special treat you are the first to share it, without even being asked! You are gentle and loving with your sister, Adrienne, and when Bailey comes next month, I know you will be amazing with her, too. You have a helpful attitude and you love working alongside mommy in the kitchen and helping with the laundry. I am so blessed to have you around and above all, I am thankful to be your mama.

As the years go by, there is so much I can't wait to teach you and experience with you. There are so many "firsts" that are still ahead in your life and I am thrilled to know that I'm the one who is responsible for walking through those with you. It excites me when I think how extremely bright your future is!

I love you so much and I praise God for the day He brought you into our lives! You, my sweet daughter, are an amazing blessing to your daddy and me! Happy Birthday, baby.

With all my love,
Mama

No comments: