Friday, February 18, 2011

Emotional Wreck

Generally speaking, I'm an emotional person. I tend to cry if I'm happy, sad, angry, nervous, etc... Even when I'm not pregnant, I cry over songs on the radio and I tend to be overly sentimental. It's just how I'm wired. I'm not one to keep things bottled up, either, so I'm pretty sure that my husband deserves a trophy for putting up with me as of late! :)

I know it's completely normal but I have been flooded with deep emotions about Adrienne not being the "baby" anymore. I felt the same way with Brooke but quickly realized that she would always have the same place in my heart that she always did, despite the new addition to our family. Tonight Adrienne got hurt (nothing severe) and cried that pitiful little cry of hers and I had to choke back tears. Stupid, right? She just never cries.. She's my tough girl who has to be in LOTS of pain to complain. At that moment I just wondered how I would have time to fix the boo boos and heartaches of three girls. It's the little things these days that cause me to become irrationally emotional. I hate it!

My C-Section is five weeks from today, a mere 35 days so we're really getting down to the wire. I know that many of these emotions come with getting no sleep and when I'm exhausted, forget about it. I toss and turn all night long and can never seem to get solid rest these days. It's par for the course, I realize, but it does not help my already zany emotions.

Through it all, I am extra thankful for a husband who gets me. He knows I'm like this and he realizes that sometimes I just need to freak out and cry and then I'm a new woman. If he was as annoyed by all of this as I am, things could really get wacky. Lol

No comments: