Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Party of 5

It has taken me a while to get to this point but I'm truly excited to have our family be complete. I've obviously been excited about the baby but to know that she will be our last has been a little hard for me. I love being pregnant and I enjoy the growing belly, doctor's visits, ultrasounds, etc.. but that's not enough of a reason to keep having children. If that was my justification for having more babies I would end up like Michelle Duggar, I'm sure!

Our decision to be done with this stage of our lives has not been made lightly but with much thoughtful consideration and prayer. Three children is the perfect amount for us and while I love having babies, I'm content with this number. Another reason we're choosing for Bailey to be our last is because my doctor feels strongly about women having no more than 3 C-Sections due to increased risks with subsequent deliveries. I'm not about taking additional risks when I'm truly happy "just being a family of 5."

Like I said, it's been hard to get to this point of total satisfaction with our decision but I'm really making progress! It feels great to know what our family will look like and to be able to envision our future as a family of 5. With Brooke and Adrienne there wasn't a feeling of completeness but there is this time around. It's really nice and I'm so thrilled for that!

We were talking about our decision the other day and we could say "Maybe we'll have another baby" just to not have the pain of saying "We're done." However, I decided that we really ARE happy to be done and this way we can start getting rid of things gradually. If we were to leave the option open I think it would be much harder to get rid of baby gear 5 years down the road. It's just best this way.

I am going to miss the sweet feeling of a new life growing inside of me and all of the joys that go along with that but the future is so bright! We will soon start the next phase our life, never to "start over" again and there is freedom and excitement in that. I can't wait to see what God has in store for my family. I'm expecting something wonderful:-)

No comments: