Thursday, February 24, 2011

Making A Dent!

I'm sorry if I sound like a broken record to anyone out there but getting ready for this baby is pretty much consuming my life these days. She will be here a month from tomorrow and I just cannot seem to get that through my brain!

I am thrilled because John had a three day weekend and we got so much accomplished around this house. The baby swing is assembled, the bouncy seat it out just waiting for its new occupant, and all of the newborn clothes are washed, sorted and put away. We got tons of cleaning and organizing done, as well, and John was a huge participant! I'm also excited because we bought Adrienne's mattress on Tuesday and her bed will be delivered next Tuesday. It's kind of sad to think that my precious girl will only be in her crib for a few more nights. I have to move on from that because I might cry if I think about it too long!

I'm kind of concerned about baby clothes and this bothers me because I didn't think it would be an issue. We have maybe 7 or 8 new newborn outfits that my family has randomly purchased for the baby, which is great, but we only have a hand full of other newborn outfits from the other girls that will be season appropriate. Brooke's newborn clothes were really warm winter clothes and Adrienne's newborn outfits are really springy. March is kind of a toss up so we need to be sure we have lots of in between things. I expect her to be in newborn clothes for a month or so and after that, I only have a few 0-3 things that are for Spring. We have tons of gorgeous sun dresses and summer outfits but it's New York so I doubt she'll be using those right away. So now I'm on the hunt for some little Spring outfits for my Bailey girl. The good news is that she has lots of sleepers, sleeping gowns, and gorgeous crochet bows!

Through all of this, I am so thankful for my husband. I've been super stressed, I'll admit, and he knows me well enough to sense that. Sometimes he'll just come put his arms around me and say, "It will get done, Babe, don't worry." Other times, he just gives me a look that lets me know that everything will work out. When he tells me things will work happen, I believe him. He's true to his word and doesn't just sit there and let me carry the weight of getting this house ready. It amazes me how crazy I am about that man and with each new stage of life, my admiration for him only grows. (You can go throw up now if you like!)

I still have a long list of things that I need to accomplish but I'm really trying just to enjoy this last month of pregnancy and chill out. Life will only get more crazy once she arrives so I should probably take a deep breath! Easier said than done.. Especially when you're me!

No comments: