Friday, February 11, 2011

33 Weeks!

I had my 33 week prenatal visit today and things are looking good. It's hard to believe that in a mere 6 weeks from today my baby girl will be in my arms. I can't wait to introduce her to her sisters who have eagerly been kissing and feeling my belly every chance they get. Ah, I just love it:-)

A stupid "fear" of mine has been that this little princess will be like 9 and half pounds. I know it's silly because my love for her is not based on her weight! Brooke was 8 pounds, 4 ounces and was born on my due date. Adrienne was 8 pounds, 9 ounces but delivered a week early (because she was scheduled). However, she did retain a lot of fluid that landed her in the special care nursery and her discharge weight was well below that. Anyways, the only reason I don't want Bailey to come out huge is because they grow so quickly that it would be sad if she started out big already. The doctor said today, however, that she feels like the perfect size and he doesn't really think she's that big. I guess we'll see in a few weeks if he's right or not. I repeat... It doesn't matter. It's just kind of an interesting guessing game at this point.

I'm feeling really good about things right now! I had been a little stressed out about all that needs to be done but I have made an organized list and have been able to start crossing things off of it. I am most excited because Adrienne's big girl bed is on its way!!! It matches Brooke's bed and I have really beautiful matching comforters for them so I can't wait to see it all come together. The bed should be here in two weeks or so so that will give us only a month to get Adrienne acclaimated with her new sleeping situation. I sure hope it's enough time!

I have been getting diapers and wipes nearly free on Amazon so I'm stocked up pretty decently! I also have been given quite a few little outfits from my family so I feel like we have some really nice things for the baby. Oh yes, and I had been wanting a nice Pack N' Play for downstairs so Bailey can have a place to sleep during the day while she's tiny. I just don't feel comfortable having her nap upstairs away from me in the early months. So anyways, John bought me a beautiful Graco play pen with a changing table, diaper caddy, and bassinet. It's going to be so nice having it! I wanted one with Adrienne but just never got one but this time we agreed it would be worth the expense, desipte this being our last baby. That is all set up and Adrienne points to it and say, "Bailey's crib!" So sweet!

These days ahead should be fill of lots of joy and excitement. I just want to soak it all in and remember each and every moment. I still can't believe how close the time is. WOW!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww Congrats on being so close!!!

*~tRiStYn MiChElLe~* said...

yay!!! She is almost here :) I cant wait to meet the third little princess!!! Glad everything is coming together so smoothly for you too...the Lord works everything out the the good of those who love Him!!