Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Shut In

We have been hit big time with snow over the last 2 days. We've gotten tons of snow along with some ice and it's been going on for an extended period of time. Because of this lovely New York weather, the girls and I haven't left the house since Monday. Unfortunately John has still had to work but I'm thankful that the storm is over now and that he's remained safe throughout it all!

We have really had a blast over the last couple of days! We've played about a million games of Memory (which is Brooke's favorite) along with some Candy Land and Chutes and Ladders. We've also played with Play Doh and baked lots of tasty treats. The time has really flown by and I would be happy going at this same pace for many more days! I've been so productive around the house, as well, so that feels good. I tackled our linen closet during bathtime this morning and all of my mopping, scrubbing, vacuuming, and laundry is completely done! That means that when John is off for the next 2 days that we can RELAX!

I am so thankful for our neighbors. They have been absolutely incredible and we have not had to shovel one sidewalk or walk way in the midst of this 18+ inches of snow. We live in a very giving community and it's amazing to see. I thanked on of the neighbors the other day because her husband primarily is the one who helps us out and she said that it's the least they could do for John who serves our community. We don't expect that so it's very nice!

John woke up early today to take the girls outside. I love my children but I'm not really into going out and playing in the snow. Thankfully John is! They built a short and fat snowman so they girls could reach to decorate it. John is such a thoughtful Daddy to do that:-) Then they rode around in the sled. They all had such a blast and stayed in and admired my little family and it was definitely a mother's joy to observe! I also got to cook dinner without 2 little "helpers" while they were outside so that was a nice break.

It's been a nice break from the hustle and bustle of everyday life but I'm done with snow for a while now! If Spring could come early I definitely wouldn't be complaining one bit!

No comments: