Friday, February 13, 2009

Brookie's Party

As I mentioned yesterday, we had Brooke's party with our family tonight. Everything turned out perfectly and it was an overall nice time! All I really had to do was make pulled pork (which is really easy), clean, clean, clean, and decorate because my parents brought the ice cream and all of the drinks, John's mom brought the macaroni and cheese, and John's aunt made the cake. Thank you God for family!

Brooke got tons of nice things... She got basically everything she will need for her big girl bed- her comforter set (YAY!!!!), two pillows, a mattress pad, and the side rail to stop her from falling out. She also got a cute outfit for the Spring from Gymboree (my favorite place!), two dollies, LOTS of pennies to put in her bank (which is her favorite past time these days), a couple of other toys, and the most amazing Radio Flyer trike ever. On top of that, John's aunt and uncle are in the process of building her a bookshelf for her toy room, but it wasn't quite finished today. She has so many people that love her and that go out of their way to make her feel special!

I was broken hearted because I had charged our camera batteries all day and for some odd reason they didn't charge much at all... Leaving me camera-less:-( Luckily, John has this fancy phone with a really good camera on it so he was able to take some good pictures. It's still not the same though. Oh well... I can't dwell on that because I'll get too sad if I do!

It's been a LONG day getting ready for this party so I'm going to go cuddle up next to my man and get some rest!

No comments: