Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Closure, At Last

I had my 25-week doctor visit today and I got some of my biggest fears about my C-Section completely RESOLVED!!! I feel like a new woman and like a tremendous weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. Here's what I'm so excited about:

1. I had an adverse reaction to the staples that they used on my incision with my last C-Section. My skin is so sensitive as it is and the staples caused the incision to be weepy and bloody. It was also REALLY painful to move at all until they were out. I asked my doctor about what they could do differently this time and as it turns out, my doctor doesn't even use staples anymore!!!!!!! Yay! So I don't have to worry about this anymore, which was a huge concern that I had. Instead he'll be using stitches that dissolve and glue. Much better!

2. This one is the biggest deal in the world to me... Adrienne will NOT leave the operating room until she leaves with me to go into the recovery room. YAY!!! I could have cried when I realized that this was a possibility. Brooke was taken away from me because she had swallowed maconium, but also because I had been in labor for so, so long they wanted to check her for any signs of distress. The doctor said that in planned C-Sections babies don't generally leave their mommies unless something goes drastically wrong. Even if the baby swallows maconium this time, they should be able to do everything right in the operating room. Knowing that Adrienne won't be in the next room screaming without me even seeing her and that my whole family won't get to enjoy her while I'm on the operating table is amazing news to me. It's going to be SO different this time!

3. The doctor said that the baby is definitely still breach. As I have previously said, I kind of hope that she stays breach so that I will know for sure that I could NOT have delivered naturally. He said there's a decent chance she'll move but I jokingly told him to appease me and tell and tell me she's breach even if she's not. Lol! It sounds weird but I seriously hope she stays put. We'll see in the weeks ahead.

I have to admit, for the first time, I am EXCITED about this birth. I have always wanted the baby but the delivery has been such a dark cloud over me that I have failed to enjoy the process. Now that my facts are in order and I'm prepared, I am really not dreading this repeat C-Section as much as I have in the past. I knew I would come around one day and today is the day! Thank you, God!

1 comment:

*~tRiStYn MiChElLe~* said...

That's so awesome that you are able to put your mind at ease about everything! I almost think knowing exactly when it's going to happen would be sooo nice! I hope she stays breach for you...that would be the icing on the cake!

I'm glad Brooke had a fun birthday!! Cant wait to see pictures of her big girl room!! :0)