Monday, February 9, 2009

Three Day Weekend!

I have been absent from my blog over the past couple of days because John took a much-needed three day weekend! We have been really busy but truly enjoying spending time together as a family. The days pass so quickly when he's off, unfortunately.

Remember how I was just frantic over all of the preparations for Adrienne? Well, on Friday night John surprised me and took me to pick out the bedding I have been wanting for the nursery!!!!!!! So now baby girl has brand new bedding and she doesn't have to take Brooke's "sloppy seconds." Lol! I'm SO EXCITED to get Brookie into her big girl room now and am eager to start working on both rooms. It sounds silly, but just that little boost of encouragement that I got from the bedding being purchased has me so motivated to get moving on these projects!

Another thing that has me very excited right now is my new hair straightener! I have been wanting a CHI straightener for ages now because they are salon quality so they work so much better than the cheapies. Sam's Club had them for $100, which is cheap for a CHI, but I never thought that I would actually spend that much money on myself. Long story short, John wanted to do something nice for me and let me splurge a little so he took me and bought it for me!!! Let me just say, my hair has never been more shiny, soft, or manageable than it has been since buying the CHI. I have straight hair as it is, but this just smooths it out completely and it can fix the worst of hair days in just seconds. So long to my old hair straightener! Oh, and more important than a hair straightener, I have the most thoughtful and considerate husband that any woman could ask for:-) He's SO good to me!

Brooke has been really, really precious and well behaved over the last couple of days. We've had virtually NO problems (knock on wood) and it's just been a lot of fun playing with her. She has been completely glued to John's hip, though, so I'm kind of anxious about what she'll do when he's gone tomorrow. That girl is a daddy's girl through and through.

Alrighty, I'm going to get ready for The Bachelor. This week's episode looks phenomenal! I can't wait!

No comments: