Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Birthday, Brookie!

To my dearest Brookie,

I cannot believe that you are turning two today! It seems like just yesterday that we met for the first time and here you are turning into a little girl before my eyes. Sometimes I wish that I could stop you from growing up so quickly but at the same time, I'm eager and excited for you to grow because with each new stage of your life, I find something new about you to cherish.

Now that you are getting so big, I'm starting to see your personality shine through more and more each day. I have well discovered your likes and dislikes, how you react in new situations, what scares you, what excites you... Among many other things. Sometimes I think that you are exactly like your daddy... reserved, thoughtful, persistent... But then sometimes, I see little pieces of my personality in you. You are so special and God has made you uniquely Brooke! There's nobody just like you. I honestly cannot wait for the years ahead of us because I know that as you grow into God has intended for you to become then I will only find a million more things to admire about you.

I spend most of my days either staring at you in amazement or laughing hysterically at your silly ways. We have so much fun during our times together and I don't think two minutes go by that I don't feel blessed and honored to be your mommy! Thank you for always brightening my days. You will never know how much joy you give me!

In a few months, baby, things are going to change a whole lot. We are going to welcome Adrienne into our family and at first it might be a big adjustment for you (and mommy, too!), but I promise you that my heart will always be big enough for you, no matter how many brothers or sisters God gives you. You will always be my princess and my love for you will never, ever change... It will just continue to grow even more and more!

I hope you know today, on your second birthday, how much I adore you and how much you mean to our family. Daddy and I could not have a picked a more special little girl to live in our home!

I love you with all of my heart!

Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

Alison said...

Happy Birthday, Miss Brooke!!

This is a very sweet letter, Jillian. She will certainly cherish it when she's older!