Thursday, February 26, 2009

Daddy's Little Girl

John and Brooke are really precious together. I know that I have said this a million times over and over again, but it never gets old watching my husband be such an attentive and caring daddy to our little girl. As she grows older, their bond becomes even more apparent, which causes me to be eager for the years ahead. It's amazing to me because John has this influence on her that nobody else has... Not even me. Brooke very rarely gives John a hard time or is disobedient towards him (though trust me, there are moments) and she obviously respects him an awful lot.

John's happy to have a tea party with Brooke or to play with dolls, but he and Brooke also wrestle and play all sorts of crazy things together. I love watching them play because he does things with her that I would never dream of doing! No matter what the two of them are up to, however, they always end the day with snuggle time and then John puts her down to bed. I love when John gets home from work because he totally takes the lead with Brooke and I get a bit of a break!

Each night before Brooke goes to bed she and John read a special book called, I'd Be Your Princess.



For those of you out there with little princesses, I totally recommend this book. It's all about a little girl being her daddy's princess, but it also talks about having noble character and inner beauty. The pictures are gorgeous and Brooke LOVES it so much. In fact, sometimes I think that we read that book a million times a day! She would much rather her daddy read it to her but while he's at work, she'll settle for me!

I had such a great daddy growing up... He was affectionate, generous, attentive, goofy, yet firm when I needed him to be, and I always knew, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that he loved me. He still plays a major role in my life and his influence on me is apparent. I love seeing this same pattern being repeated in my own household because I know that girls who have good relationships with their fathers are shown to have higher self-esteem (among many other things). I don't know how single moms do it!

I'm thankful for my little family and I am SO excited to see John with the next princess, as well as any other babies that are in our future. Life is so, so wonderful, especially when you take a few minutes to look at how amazing things really are.

No comments: