Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Bug that WON'T Go Away

Wow, it's been a long recovery from this nasty stomach bug we've all had. John and I haven't thrown up since Monday (and Brooke since Sunday) but we've all felt off. It's horrible! We've had that queasy feeling in our stomachs, major exhaustion, and small appetites. At this very moment I'm still not even 100 percent. What gives???

I know that these thoughts are irrational, but when I'm sick I always seem to have a lapse in confidence as a mother. I think to myself... "I'm a horrible mom. I'm so sick that I can't care for my baby." Or right now, I'm thinking to myself, "How the heck am I EVER going to take care of two girls????" I'm totally fine when my baby is sick and I thrive on caring for her, but when I'm sick, it really bothers me! Right now there is a fairly messy house and some unfolded laundry and I'm completely overwhelmed. I wish that I was the kind of person that could just let these types of things slide and not let them get to me.

The more and more I think about being sick and depending on others to help me, I'm reminded of my impending C-Section. I have just had a silly stomach bug and I'm falling apart over the condition of my house. How the heck will I do it when I'm in the hospital for 4 days and then come home to a long recovery????? I'm learning that asking for help is sometimes okay but right now I'm really fearful of how I'll manage during the first couple of weeks following Adrienne's birth. Just typical Jillian fears, I realize... God is bigger though!

Wow, I could be doing so much right now around the house but I thought that taking a few minutes to catch up on my blog would be therapeutic! Off to clean...

1 comment:

rccalyn said...

Aw man, I hope you guys can all start to feel better soon!