Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Snuggle Buggle

John and Brooke have the most precious tradition every night after she gets out of her bath... Brooke runs over to the couch and requests that daddy be a "snuggle buggle." What time means in layman's terms is that they lay under the blankets on the couch until bedtime. It's by far my favorite time of the day because the two of them spend that time laughing hysterically and then resting on the couch. It's precious to watch! They're also so wrapped up in each other that I get to watch Jeopardy. Fun times!

The whole "snuggle buggle" bit is adorable, don't get me wrong, but last night when John told Brooke it was bedtime she freaked out and said, "I stay HERE and snuggle with daddy." Lol! After a minute or two Brooke happily trudged up the stairs with her daddy so they could read her bedtime story. It was also not quite so cute this morning at 6:30 when John was getting ready for work... Brooke woke up VERY early asking to "snuggle buggle" with mommy. I love my girl and I love to snuggle but this morning she was very adamant about how we were to snuggle and what ways I could and could not hold her. We woke up for the day at 8:30 but those two hours were the most restless hours of sleep that I've ever had. I hope that tomorrow morning she sleeps much later in her crib!

John and Brooke have many, many little traditions that they share together... Certain stories, Sunday morning pancakes, special songs, and on and on and on I could go. I sometimes wonder how another little girl will fit in with that mix. Will Adrienne and daddy have their very own traditions or will she just join in on the fun that John and Brooke are already having? I'm not worried about this aspect, but sometimes I wonder how much or how little this baby's arrival will change how things run around here. It should definitely be fun to see!

Okay, I'm off to do some work around the house while the princess sleeps. What else is new??

No comments: