Friday, February 6, 2009

Oh My Goodness... I'm Having a BABY.

I have known for 23 weeks now that I have a little baby on the way, but over the last couple of days it has really hit me. I'm excited and thrilled to welcome this addition, but with that also comes fears... Fears of delivery, fears of whether or not she'll have reflux, whether she'll sleep great like Brooke or not, how Brooke will adjust, how I'LL adjust, how my marriage will adjust, etc, etc, etc.... It's such a wonderful thing to be looking forward to but it's also just a tad bit scary. I think a huge part of my sudden realization that Adrienne will really be here (in 15 weeks and 4 days, to be exact) is that I'm not sleeping well and I sometimes lay awake feeling her kick and thinking about her. It will be a big life change but an amazing one:-)

It has also occurred to me that I have work to do! I looked through Brooke's 0-3 month clothes and found only 2 or 3 outfits that will be suitable for Adrienne. Brooke was a February baby so all of her 0-3 month outfits, especially her newborn outfits, were 95% winter clothes. She turned 3 months in May of that year (which is when her sister will be born) so all of our summer clothes are 3-6 months. YIKES! That was a sad realization that I made. Sure, there are a couple of sweet little dresses that Brooke wore in the spring but there are definitely NOT enough clothes to keep another little princess adequately clothed. I guess it's time to do some shopping! What a shame:-)

I'm also freaking out because even though we have little girl bedding for Brooke's crib, 1) the sheets are ripping in the corners from excessive use, 2) the bumper is coming apart, and 3) the quilt has throw-up stains from Brooke's sickness that I can't get out (despite MUCH effort). I was going to just work with this bedding and try to salvage it but I found a beautiful set at Target on clearance for $75 and I think that I have John talked into the idea. We're going to see it tonight. Wish me luck! I just want Adrienne's room to be perfect and deserving of her.

I also have to get Brooke's big girl room ready to go so she can adjust to it before the baby is born. That means getting the furniture here instead of just talking about it, painting her room, organizing things, etc... HOLY COW! I could get stressed out if I thought about all of this for too long.

I realize that when Adrienne's born all of this hard work and planning will pay off, but right now I'm slightly overwhelmed. Thankfully I still have a little over 3 months to get my butt in gear to prepare for her arrival!

3 comments:

rccalyn said...

Haha, it sounds like we have the opposite problem: we need tiny winter clothes and you need tiny summer clothes!

*~tRiStYn MiChElLe~* said...

lol...don't freak out! Everything will fall in line. It's so fun preparing for another baby but I felt and still feel the same way you do about having another one. What about Hudson...how is he going to react, etc. It's scary...but it will be absolutely wonderful! :0)

By the way...I posted the name on my blog just for you! :0)

Alison said...

Don't worry! It'll all get done...you have plenty of help :) I can't wait for Adrienne to get here!