Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Birthday, Brookie!

Dearest Brooke,

It is so hard to believe that exactly three years ago from today you were placed in my arms for the first time. From that moment on, I have been striving to put your needs over mine and to place your desires over my own. Sometimes I fail miserably, Baby, but I promise you that I always try to consider you over myself. I do this happily out of love for you. Your life and truly changed mine forever.

I love the way you see the world with such enthusiasm and excitement. It has truly inspired me to do the same! It takes so little to make you happy and you are amazed at the small things like stickers, baby dolls, mac and cheese, and Big Bird. You light up with joy so easily and I hope that this part of you never changes.

You are such a "girly" girl in every sense of the word! You carry your little purse with you wherever we go, you love wearing stick-on earrings, you always make a big fuss over your shoes and your hair, and you absolutely hate to be messy. I can't help but laugh when I watch you because you remind me so much of myself! I love having you as my daughter and that I get to share my love of all things dainty and pretty with you. You are so much fun!

It seems like we cannot leave the house without hearing from someone how beautiful you are. As my mom always said, though, "Pretty is as pretty does," and you are more beautiful on the inside than words could ever express! You are kind and gentle with your baby sister. You share nicely with others (most of the time!) and are considerate of them. You are always very thankful and polite and I rarely have to remind you to use your manners. When I am sad, you give me a hug and cheer me up. You are always very helpful and when you make a mess, you are sure to clean it up. Who you are is just incredible and I am so proud that you are my daughter! I am thankful that God chose me to be your mommy!

Happy 3rd Birthday, my sweet Brooke. Never, ever forget how special and loved you are. I look forward to the new challenges and adventures that we will face together over this next year. Being your mommy is a true joy!

With All My Heart,

Mommy

4 comments:

mrsofficer said...

THIS IS SO SWEET! I love that you did this for your little girl! You should print it out and put it in a memory box....Very loving and moving. Happy Birthday to your little one:)

Anonymous said...

awwww So touching! Happy Birthday to your little angel!

Alison said...

Happy Birthday, sweet Brookie! I love you more than I could ever express!!

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.