Thursday, February 25, 2010

Snowed In

It's snowing cats and dogs out there. Oh my goodness! It started snowing at about 10 last night and it is not expected to stop until sometime tomorrow. We probably have 10 inches or more out there right now but apparently tonight will be where we get the majority of our snowfall. The wind is supposed to be extremely strong and they're expecting power outages all over the place. Our lights have flickered a couple of times and I'm hoping and praying that we don't lose our power!

The girls and I had a really nice day at home today! We just bummed around in our "house clothes" (as I like to call them) and played with dolls, read books, and played games. We also did quite a bit of cooking, which was great! We made homemade sauce for rigatoni that we stuffed and baked and then for dessert we made Ina Garten's brownie pudding with vanilla ice cream! Yummy! We also snacked on my buffalo chicken dip so yeah, I kind of threw the diet out the window. Some days are worth it though!

We had our share of disappointments today. John works nights but he was scheduled for training tomorrow during the day so he was going to be home to sleep tonight. He was going to wake up at around 12:30 this afternoon so he would be tired enough to sleep tonight but they called him at 11 to tell him that his training was cancelled tomorrow so he had to work tonight instead. We were bummed:-( We were excited to have the afternoon together and then to have him out of the snow tonight but NO. We were also really bummed because every Thursday he does overtime at the county's mental healthy building (from 5-8:30) and we just KNEW they would close but they didn't. He drove there on the awful roads and everybody went home but he still had to stay because the doors are on a timer and don't close until 8. RIDICULOUS! So yeah, we were expecting to have all of this time together but we barely got an hour. Such is life, I guess.

I hate the snow and the cold weather but some days it's nice to have an excuse to do absolutely nothing and to go nowhere. It was kind of a long day for me because John wasn't around but the girls really had a blast playing their hearts' content. I had a nice day but I sure hope we get out tomorrow!

2 comments:

MrsMonicaLB said...

and here I am complaining that we are going to get some rain!!I saw on the news about the news and thought about you all,hang in there,they say Springs just around the corner :)

MrsMonicaLB said...

what the heck did I write,I meant snow,snow!haha