Thursday, February 11, 2010

Two Parties!!

My dearest Brooke is going to be 3 on Monday. How can that even be possible? It seems like just yesterday that I was anxiously awaiting her arrival, not knowing just how much her life would change mine. I could cry!! I'm a sap though:-)

Anyways, it's hilarious because we're having 2 parties for her.. One for our large family on Saturday night (two days before her birthday) and then another one at Chuck E. Cheese for a few of her little friends on her actual birthday. Because she doesn't need a single thing, our gift to her is mainly her Chuck E. Cheese party and she's so excited! Our days are filled with many, many questions about her parties... "Who's going to be there?" "And why am I having two parties?" "What color will my cake be?" It's so precious to watch her glow with excitement so I'm going to be pretty sad when her birthday is over and done with.

On Saturday night Brooke requested that we have soup (her favorite) so my mother-in-law is making a huge pot of her amazing chicken noodle soup. I'm also getting all kinds of chips and sandwich stuff so it will be nice. Then, John's aunt is making her a (Drum roll, please!)..... BIG BIRD CAKE!!!!!!!! She is most excited about that and you better believe that we hear about it constantly!

The verdict is still out on what we'll be having for dessert at Chuck E. Cheese. First she wanted to buy cupcakes at Sam's Club (because we saw some pretty Elmo cupcakes there), then she wanted to make them with me, and now she says she wants a pink and yellow cake. Oh Brooke, make up your mind!! Lol! I'm not so worried about the details because I know that she'll be thrilled to death and grateful for whatever we do for her. She's just that kind of a girl!

My mother-in-law got Brooke the most adorable YELLOW outfit to wear to her family party on Saturday night. She is going to FLIP when she sees it! Check it out:







For the Chuck E. Cheese party, my mom ordered her this:



I think we'll party in fashion, don't you??

Each day is a cause to celebrate Brooke and the miracle of who she is but I'm especially excited to give her an amazing birthday. I can't wait to watch those big blue eyes of hers as they take it all in! Being a mommy is the best:-)

2 comments:

MrsMonicaLB said...

Two birthday parties,what a lucky loved little girl!I love the yellow outfit,she is going to look totally FABULOUS!

Anonymous said...

CUTE!!!!! I hope she has wonderful bday parties!