Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Overwhelmed

I just need to sit down and take a deep breath. HOLY COW! I feel this constant tug to be doing something...anything... that I'm feeling a sense of frustration within myself that I don't want to be feeling! It's okay to sit still and take a break from time-to-time!

The last few days have been great... But busy. Tonight is the last night of John's 3-day-weekend (he took Superbowl Sunday off so that was his extra day). We threw a party and that created all kinds of housework and cooking for me, which is wonderful, I don't mind. However, the aftermath is never fun. I still feel behind from that alone.

I have lost 14 pounds since January 1St and while I feel great and have so much more confidence in my appearance (and people are even noticing!), it has come at a price... There is NO catch up time for me because I exercise while the girls take their naps. I am always at war with myself over what I should be doing and no matter what I do, I feel guilty. If I'm cleaning, I feel like the girls are missing out on quality time with me. If I'm playing with the girls, the laundry and housework around me just drives me crazy. The time that I'm now devoting to exercise was once devoted to the house and I'm not quite adjusted to that. So, yeah, I'm overwhelmed. I just need to slow down and realize that a messy house isn't the end of the world!

John's wonderful... He's giving the girls a bath so I can take a breather. It feels GREAT, let me tell ya! However, I think I'm going to go do some laundry. Figures, huh? It won't always be quite this hard!! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I keep telling myself that too. It wont be this hard forever!!! BTW my Deputy is John too :) Nice to meet you!!! I look forward to getting to know you!

Good Job on the Weight Loss! :)