Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Baby Steps

Today, out of the middle of nowhere, Adrienne took a step!!! Assuming that it was a fluke, we continued to play on the floor and I didn't get overly excited. Then, only minutes later, she took 3 steps in a row and continued to do it all day! Her record is 5 steps in a row but I'm sure before long that will increase. Yikes! She also started standing up from the sitting position without having to use anything to pull up on. What a busy day today!

I was so excited to take her to church tonight to show off her new skills to our family but she didn't "perform" much. They LOVE to do that, don't they?? She took two steps for my mom but it took some coaxing from me. Every time she would stand up she would get SO excited and then fall down. Lol! I LOVE this stage!

I was making lunch today so Adrienne was playing in the kitchen. She got into the snack cupboard and stood in there for the longest time throwing my canned goods and boxes of cereal everywhere. It was actually hilarious, minus the cleanup afterwards. John had a bag of beef jerky in there that wasn't sealed all the way so she helped herself to a piece and sucked all the flavor out of it. When she was done she opened up the box of Cheerios and threw it in there. Life is crazy now! Lol


After her nap I was doing some housework in the living room and she wandered into the playroom. I assumed that she was fine because I was like two feet away from her but when I peeked in on her she was STANDING on a rocking chair going back and forth and trying to reach things on the book shelf. For crying out loud! She keeps me laughing and VERY busy.

2 comments:

rccalyn said...

Haha, wow. It's amazing how fast your world can change when a baby learns new things! And it just keeps getting more interesting!

Tristyn said...

I cant believe how big she has gotten!?!?! It seems like just yesterday you were saying that she wasnt crawling much! Now look at her :0) I just want to eat her up!