Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter

Hey all! I haven't had a chance to get on because John's been off and we've been crazy busy. What else is new, right??? We were so fortunate to have John off on Easter. It really made for a special day and I was so thankful to have him not only with us but actually well rested! It doesn't happen often on holidays so we're excited when it does.

Easter was really awesome. Church was absolutely incredible and it was a wonderful day to celebrate Jesus not only dying for our sins but also rising again. It is such an amazing sacrifice that He made for us on the cross and I seek to not be mindful of that each and every single day.

We had a jam packed day after church. My parents were leaving for their 13 day trip to India that afternoon so we went to have lunch with them and to wish them off. Then we had dinner at John's grandma's that afternoon. We got home late and just had enough time to unwind and relax for a nice movie. It was a great day but the best part was that the weather was in the 70's!!! I can remember having snow on the ground on Easter so it was a real treat. It was the first warm Easter I can remember since we moved here like 12 years ago!

Here's a precious Easter story for you... I wore my wedding day jewelry to match my Easter dress. On top of it being sentimental, it was expensive, too, and I was so sad to discover that I had lost one of the earrings. I was looking for it and Brooke said, "Mommy, I know you're sad about your earring and you must have a lot of questions, but Jesus died on the cross for our sins to save us. And Mommy, He has nails in his hands. You will see your earrings again one day when Daddy buys you new ones." Aw, how precious is that???? I was so amazed at her childlike faith and how somehow the Easter story that she had heard so much about was the first thing that came to her mind to "comfort" me. I love that girl so much! By the way, I found my earring. Boy was I happy!

In closing, here's a few pictures...


2 comments:

MrsMonicaLB said...

so glad you had a nice Easter and everything worked out,you totally deserve it.
love the pictures,you are a beautiful family!

Simply Complicated said...

you guys are all so stinkin cute!