Thursday, April 29, 2010

Backseat Driver

Brooke has been overly concerned about my driving lately. She recently learned about the different lights and what they mean so if I'm stopped at a green light because of traffic or whatever she says, "GO, Mommy!" And heaven help me if I speed up through a yellow light (not that I, a police officer's wife, would ever do that)! I definitely answer A LOT to Miss Brooke about my driving.

The other day I got pulled over by one of John's co-workers (just for being on my cell phone this time... Not for some crazy speed or anything!) and that has just blown Brooke's mind ever since. After that encounter Brooke asked a lot of questions about why Daddy's friend came to our car and I tried to explain it to her without totally trashing my image. I said, "I was talking on my phone while I was driving and I shouldn't have been. I made a mistake. I'm sorry." So now, wouldn't you know, that Brooke keeps me accountable to staying off my phone when I'm behind the wheel. Tonight she said, "Mommy, get off your phone or Daddy's friend will come to our car again." It actually kind of killed me inside that she was RIGHT!!!! Haha

What my sweet Brooke doesn't realize is that she is going to get paid back times a MILLION when she starts driving (many years from now)!! I'll happily remember back to these silly times and we'll laugh like crazy:-)

1 comment:

MrsMonicaLB said...

oh my Brooke is way too smart!love it!! she's got her eye on you,wait til she gets a little bigger and tells on you to your dh like my kids do to me!!