Thursday, April 8, 2010

Just One of Those Days

Man, I am so fried right now. Despite the gorgeous 75+ degree weather, sunshine, birds chirping, flowers blooming, wonderful husband, a wonderful family, and two precious girls, I felt defeated today. Do you know the feeling? It's like I just couldn't snap out of that mood I was in and nothing seemed to go my way.

In all fairness to me, the girls were A LOT this afternoon. We had some things we needed to get at Sam's for the church today, which went fine... Minus Brooke's incessant whining. It went down hill from there, though, when both girls fell asleep about 10 minutes from home. Sure enough, we pulled into the driveway and both of them woke up and just would NOT go back to sleep. The rest of afternoon was spent with horrible screaming, arguing and disobedience from Brooke and Adrienne was just fussy. I had both girls outside on the porch and we were playing with sidewalk chalk (check that... Brooke and I were playing with sidewalk chalk while Adrienne tried to eat it!) and when I told Brooke that we had to go in for a minute so I could use the bathroom she just FLIPPED out. It took quite a bit of work to get her to obey and it was not a pretty sight. From her screaming I'm sure the neighbors thought I was beating her! The worst part was when I had to take her outdoor privileges away to get my point across. Warm, sunny days are rare in our neck of the woods and I think it might have hurt me worse then it hurt her! It was just awful.

We came back in to play where both girls played tug of war over everything. We have TONS of toys and a huge toy room yet they were both fixated on stealing from one another. Brooke was being so mean to Adrienne and not budging (like she usually does) and Adrienne started biting her anytime she got angry. My girls are normally so sweet and goofy and happy. I don't get it!

On top of the girls being completely out of sorts, John had to work his Thursday night overtime so we barely got to see each other, which never makes for an easy time on my part. I am so thankful for the hard worker he is but Thursdays are just LONG days in our household. I'll admit that I don't always have a great attitude when Thursday rolls around. Maybe it would help if I changed my perspective?

I am thankful that God's mercy's are new EVERY morning and that tomorrow we'll start with a clean slate all over again. I just peeked in on my sleeping beauties and while today was rough, I wouldn't trade my life for anything. I love my daughters and staying home with them is a joy... Temper tantrums and all!

4 comments:

rccalyn said...

I know those days! It seems like they always happen when the girls are overtired!

*~tRiStYn MiChElLe~* said...

That was my day yesterday!!! I feel your pain! :0)

alissa kay said...

His mercies ARE new every morning, you are correct there! That is part of my all-time favorite passage, Lamentations 3:21-25.
I am so glad I got to catch up on your life reading your blog again. I haven't been on in a while. I'm happy that Brooke is feeling better and I hope everything is great! :)

Simply Complicated said...

We had one of these days on Monday this week! At 6:15 I said to Allie "Today needs to end. You are going to bed and we can start over tomorrow." As I'm reading her books to her in bed she says, "this is good. today was hard." Seriously kid you have NO idea!!! :-)