Thursday, April 1, 2010

Thank God for April!

Minus our fabulous vacation to Myrtle Beach early last month, I feel like March was dominated by sickness. That stomach bug was off and on for Brooke and then Adrienne and John got and then, of course, Brooke got it again. I am SO thankful to God that I never got sick though. Such a blessing! Needless to say, I was super happy to turn the calendar today to APRIL and I was not remotely sad to see March go. Lol! March 2010 will go down in history for being a hard month.

In other news, my girls have each had a major milestone and I'm very excited...

*Brooke- Yesterday morning she not only picked out her own outfit (that matched and everything) but she also took off her pajamas and fully dressed herself, too! The only mistake she made was putting her leggings on backwards but I didn't want to crush her spirit so we had backwards leggings all day:-) I was SO proud of her and now that her confidence is boosted she won't let me dress her anymore. It's kind of nice having her able to help get herself ready but in a way it's kind of sad. Dressing herself is such a big girl thing and I'm not quite ready to let her get that big!

*Adrienne- Though she has been doing the army crawl for months and cruising all over the house she finally, over the past week or so, learned to crawl on all fours! I'm so excited! Crawling is my favorite baby stage and I love watching her. Go, Adrienne!

Having kids is so much fun, isn't it? Each new milestone, no matter how small it may seem, is a huge victory. What did we do for entertainment before them?

1 comment:

MrsMonicaLB said...

too bad March was such a sick month for you all,but glad your all better!Relish those milestones,time flies by and before you know it they're teens!
HAPPY EASTER