Sunday, January 30, 2011

Celebrating 5 Years!

Friday was our fifth Wedding anniversary! John just so happened to have this past weekend off so we could really celebrate and enjoy some time away together. He got us a hotel about an hour and a half away so we went to our favorite restaurant, shopped and relaxed. The whole trip lasted almost exactly 24 hours and it was the perfect amount of time to reconnect and rejuvinate.

Wow, how has it been five years already? When we first got married 5 years sounded like such a long time but the years have flown. Life before marriage seems like a faint memory now! I had a great life before John but my best memories and most treasured moments have been within our marriage. It sounds so cliche but I seriously feel very, very blessed to have married my best friend. My husband just "gets" me... Even the overly emotional, disorganized, and irrational side of me. It's such a blessing to have someone who knows me and loves me that deeply.

I remember on my wedding day my mom told me, "Just wait to see how much your love for John changes through the years." I didn't fully understand what she was saying but she's so right. I once thought I loved him so much but that love has magnified through the past 5 years. On top of loving him as my best friend and soul mate, I now love him as a father to my daughters and the amazing provider that he is. My mom was so right... Those are new aspects of John that I wasn't aware of on our wedding day.

I am so thankful for a Godly husband to share this crazy life with! I feel very excited about our future together and I love knowing that I have this wonderful man trudging through the ups and downs of life right along with me.

No comments: