Thursday, January 27, 2011

Talking Up A Storm

It seems like overnight that Adrienne went from talking in 2 word sentences to repeating anything and everything and using 3 and 4 word sentences. It's so much fun and it sure keeps life interesting.

Not only does Miss Adrienne love being a copycat but she loves to put her own spin on what we say and make it silly. Today I said, "Love you, Guys!" And she first repeated that and then said, "Love you, Cereal!" She then went on to make a whole list of things she wanted to say "I love you" to. Meanwhile, both girls were cracking up and Adrienne was so proud that Brooke appreciated her silliness.

The most precious thing that Adrienne has been saying is "Mama." Sure, she's been saying it for quite some time now but when she looks at me and says, "Help me, Mama" or "Love you, Mama," my heart swells with love for her. She's been saying a lot, also, "Want you, Mama." It's so nice to be wanted that much by someone... And so VERY often. Lol. She's a really good girl:-)

Tonight she had me cracking up because she kept lifting the bottom of my shirt up and saying, "Baby, where are you?" She would then kiss my belly and say, "Wake up!" I don't really think that she fully grasps that there's a baby in my belly but she's been hearing us talk about it so much. She's going to be a great big sister.

Where in the world did my baby go? How is she old enough to be speaking in sentences? If only I could slow time down so I can soak all of these precious moments up to the fullest!

2 comments:

rccalyn said...

I can't believe how much Adrienne is talking! We would probably drop dead if Arianna said things like that! It's so funny to see how different kids are. I bet it's so cute to hear her little voice talking like crazy!

erin said...

It goes so quickly, doesn't it?! My little guy is quite a bit older than your Adrienne, but has just started speaking full sentences and it melts my heart. He'll pull me close before I put him to bed and say "I waauv you too, mama." Doesn't get much better than that! :-)