Wednesday, January 12, 2011

More Sickness:-(

I was just mentioning the other day how my children never get ear infections and are usually healthy. I totally jinxed us because now my sweet Brooke is more sick than ever:-( She had been running a high fever and I took her to the doctor today to find that she has croup, bronchitis, and a double ear infection. Oh my word! I'm thankful that she's on an antibiotic for her ears but the croup and bronchitis are apparently viral so she has to let them run their course. My poor princess!

It's been a rough couple of nights as she is up a lot with fevers and constant coughing. The coughing really never ends and she has actually thrown up a couple of times due to the forceful nature of the coughs. Her little eyes are all puffy from getting such little amounts of sleep so she's an altogether heartbreaking sight lately! She really doesn't get off the couch much which is so weird because I'm used to her being full of energy!

John has been off and he's absolutely incredible. He has a way with Brooke that just calms her down and he has really helped take a lot of the stress off of me. Unfortunately he has to go back in tonight and I'm NOT looking forward to being without him. I'll make due though.. It's not like I have a choice.

Between last week's reoccurring stomach bugs and now this, I am one fried mama. By some miracle the house is clean and laundry is done so that's good but I'm just ready for two healthy girls again!

No comments: