Monday, January 3, 2011

My Achin' Back

I have been in excruciating pain in my lower back for about 2 weeks now. It comes and it goes but there are times when I literally can't walk. It has been so hard! John has been very helpful and I've been trying not to complain but it's frustrating to be in such awful pain while we're going about our day.

I've read up on it and everyone keeps telling me that it's just sciatic nerve pain from where the baby is laying. It sounds like a pretty routine problem and I always feel like my doctor will think I'm a hypochondriac for calling about every little ache or pain so I've just been waiting it out. I'm going on Wednesday for my glucose testing and 28 week appointment so I'm eager to see the doctor then.

I can deal with this but I just feel bad for the girls because it's hard to get down on the floor to play with them and it's hard to pick them up. Adrienne is pretty independent but she still likes to be held by her mama sometimes. Luckily the pain is minimal while sitting so we can snuggle all we like. I just hope they don't feel as frustrated by all of this as I do!

This pregnancy has been the most difficult of my pregnancies, by far. The morning sickness was worse, the awful breathing issues combined with bouts of bronchitis and pneumonia, insatiable thirst and excessive dizziness, and now this. It's so funny though because the little princess is kicking like crazy right now and I instantly know that it's all worth it. Heck, you could multiply all the negative aspects of this pregnancy by 100 and I would still say it's worth it.

1 comment:

Simply Complicated said...

I've had that with this pregnancy as well. I had sciatic pain with Allie around 28 weeks and it lasted for a few weeks then went away. My doc also gave me some stretches (on your hands and knees arch and flex your back up and down - sounds sexy huh!) and that helped. This pain this time is different. Just as bad of "pain" but in a different way. Like it's muscles. Anytime I walk any amount or lift anything or am on my feet for any amount of time it sets in and is almost crippling. And basically if I sit around a do nothing it feels ok... lovely huh?! But I totally agree - I can hardly get myself to complain about it because it is SO worth it. BTW I'm probably scheduling a c-section too..... :-(